Term “adulthood” define a person who attain the age of maturity. An adult person is independent, responsible and self-sufficient.
Primary life tasks
Primary life tasks of an adult is divided into two categories.
- Family-related tasks
- Work-related task
Family related task means to get married, develop understanding with life partner, having children, care for children, look-after their parents, make friends etc.
Work-related tasks mean achievements of a professional career.
Adult health and wellness risk
There may be a lot of factors to affect the health of an adults. It affects skin a lot. There are rare skin diseases, their causes, symptoms, and treatment related to skin in adults.
List of skin diseases
- skin cancer
Types of skin diseases
- Temporary skin diseases
- permanent skin diseases
Dermatitis is a skin infection. Skin goes to dry,tiny red spots on skin and swollen. It irritates you. Dermatitis is very common in children.
There are some general symptoms of dermatitis. It is
- Dry skin
- Itchy skin
- Painful skin
There are some causes of dermatitis.
- Hormonal change
- Family history of dermatitis
Treatment for dermatitis depends upon type of skin, symptoms and causes. Skin clean up itself in a week. In case of severe problem doctors recommend
- Creams for dry skin
- Lotion for dry skin
- Oatmeal cleanser
- Medicine to reduce allergy
- Photo-therapy, to cure with light
It appear in early childhood related to immune system and gens. it may lead to diabetes and heart problem.
There are some general symptoms of psoriasis. Which are as follow
- Whitish-silver scalp of skin
- Thick layer of redness on a skin
- Crack and sometime bleeding patches of a dry skin
- Painful joints
- Thick counter nails
It appears mostly on
There are mainly two causes of psoriasis. Which are as follow.
- Immune system
White blood cells mistakenly attack on skin cells. White blood cells attack on skin and bacteria fighting infections destroy. Skin goes on whitish-silver, red cracking and bleeding. Stress can impact your immune system. High level of stress may increase the chances of psoriasis.
Genes play a role in psoriasis. One person in parents having psoriasis increase you risk. Both having psoriasis increase greater risk for you.
There are not any specific treatment for psoriasis. There are some key-points for you to be followed.
- Take bath daily by adding oil and salt in water
- Use moisturizing cream
- Eat healthy food
- Do exercise for relaxation
An abnormal growth of cells is said to be skin cancer. It occurs when there is uncontrollable growth of abnormal cells in a body.
There are some general symptoms of skin cancer, such as:
- UN-revive pain
- Changing mole
Some doctors name ABC to F to skin cancer like
- A stands for a mole is
- B stands for border of minima is irregular.
- C stands for color, minima may have more than one color.
- D stands for diameter, Minima is like a mole of pencil eraser.
- E stands for evaluation of a mole over time.
- F stands for funny, look of skin changing colors.
There are some general causes of skin cancer. Which are as follow.
- Fair skin
- Naturally red or blond hair
- Green or blue eyes
- Tan free skin
- Sun burn
Treatment for skin cancer vary according to size and depth of a mole. Here are some treatments for mole. Which are as follow.
- Freezing skin mole by using nitrogen liquid
- Cutting mole by excisional surgery
- Cut a larger mole by mohs surgery
- Kill cancer cells by radiation therapy
- Photo-dynamic therapy kill the dangerous cells by using laser light and drug
A body can’t utilized fully what you eat is said to be diabetes mellitus. It is due to lack of insulin in a body. Insulin helps to utilized food fully. But when pancreas make insulin, but insulin is not use to provide energy to body, then there is a situation of high sugar level. High sugar level leads to diabetes mellitus.
There are some general causes of diabetes mellitus. Which are as follow.
- Being overweight
- High blood pressure
- Physical stress
- Use a lot of medicines
- Family history of diabetes
- Abnormal blood cholesterol
General Symptoms of diabetes mellitus are as follow.
- Increased hunger
- Increase thirst
- Dry mouth
- Tired feeling
- slow-healing cuts
- frequent sweating
For the treatment after diagnosing diabetes mellitus. Which are as follow.
- Healthy eating ( Fruits, vegetables, whole grains)
- Exercise daily ( 30 minutes)
- Insulin therapy
- Maintain blood pressure